Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Summer in the City










OK, so Melbourne isn't exactly known for consistent (or warm) weather, but while I was visiting for four nights in December it was really quite pleasant. Having only ever been to the city during the winter months, it was a welcome change to be able to wear singlets, skirts, and shorts.

This time around I was with family from the UK, so we did a lot of the quintessential Melbourne things like going to see comedy shows, eating or stopping for coffee in hidden laneways, and seeing the street art in the CBD. We also walked a lot. But it was beautiful to explore the city when I wasn't worried about the lack of blood supply to my extremities. 

If I had more time, I would have loved to check out some more art galleries, see some live music, and explore more of the suburbs outside of the CBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment